Re: Using POPCNT and other advanced bit manipulation instructions

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: Using POPCNT and other advanced bit manipulation instructions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

 >> It's likely to be hard to tell, given the amount of pink from the
 >> Ryu patch. If Andrew is not planning to clean that up PDQ,

Besides crake (x-version), fulmar (icc) and lorikeet (cygwin), I hope
the rest of the known failures should pass on the next cycle; the
mac/ppc failures are because we redefine "bool" in a way that broke the
upstream code's c99 assumptions, and the rest are numerical instability
in ts_rank.

 >> I'd suggest reverting that patch pending having some repairs for it.

 Andres> I'd assume that breaking bit counting would cause distinct
 Andres> enough damage (compile time or crashes). That's not to say that
 Andres> reverting ryu shouldn't be considered (although I'm not that
 Andres> bothered by cross version, ia64 and cygwin failures, especially
 Andres> because the latter two might be hard to come by outside the
 Andres> bf).

IA64 is working fine as far as I can see (specifically, anole is
passing); it's ICC on x86_64 that broke (fulmar).

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)