Re: Using POPCNT and other advanced bit manipulation instructions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Using POPCNT and other advanced bit manipulation instructions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I'd assume that breaking bit counting would cause distinct enough damage (compile time or crashes).  That's not to
saythat reverting ryu shouldn't be considered (although I'm not that bothered by cross version, ia64 and cygwin
failures,especially because the latter two might be hard to come by outside the bf).

The pink doesn't appear to be limited to non-mainstream platforms,
see eg lapwing, fulmar.  However, I see Andrew just pushed some fixes,
so this argument is moot pending how much that helps.

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Using POPCNT and other advanced bit manipulation instructions
От: Andrew Gierth
Сообщение: Re: Using POPCNT and other advanced bit manipulation instructions