Re: pgsql-server/src backend/utils/adt/numutils.c ...

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: pgsql-server/src backend/utils/adt/numutils.c ...
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> Well, not really.  It is more of a tightening up, where '' is not
> really zero, it is ''.

Sure, but "tightening up" is just another way to say "backward
incompatible change". I'd agree this is a change we should make, I'm
just not convinced that it's worth the backward compatibility hit.

What if we just added an elog(WARNING) that said "Zero-length integer
conversion is deprecated and will be removed in the near future", and
then fixed this properly in 7.4? I usually dislike adding warnings,
but I don't think that noting in the documentation that this feature
is deprecated is sufficient in this case: information on this kind of
behavior is nearly impossible to find in the docs.

Cheers,

Neil