Re: PG writes a lot to the disk

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: PG writes a lot to the disk
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Laurent Raufaste" <analogue@glop.org> writes:

> All this make me think that PG was setting some bit on every row it
> used, which caused this massive write activity (3MB/s) in the table
> files. I'm talking about approx. 50 SELECT per second for a single
> server.

Well that's true it does. But only once per row. So analyze would have set the
bit on every row. You could do the same thing with something ligter like
"select count(*) from <table>".

Tom's thinking was that you would only expect a high update rate for a short
time until all those bits were set.

Slony's inserts, updates, and deletes count as updates to the table as well.

--
  Gregory Stark