Re: WAL files required to make base backup consistent

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: WAL files required to make base backup consistent
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Virupaksha Kanjilal <v.kanjilal@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I perform a pg_basebackup with tar option and do not bring in the WAL segments created during the backup. Now I want
> to make the backup a consistent copy and for that I need the WAL segments. How can I know which all WAL segments to
> apply to bring the backup to a consistent state?

Look in your WAL repository for files named *.backup.

The prefix part will match the name of a regular WALf file from when
the backup was started and the .backup file itself will contain some
human readable text indicating the last WAL segment that you'll need
for a consistent recovery.

HTH

--
Jerry Sievers