Re: size of table + toasted tables + indexes != pg_total_relation_size

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: size of table + toasted tables + indexes != pg_total_relation_size
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

 Mariel> output :
 Mariel> image.png

In future please use plain text for query output, not screenshots

 Mariel> When I searched for the biggest objects in DB1 I saw that the
 Mariel> total sum isnt even close to 100G :

You should probably check whether there are files in the db's directory
that do not correspond to the filenode of any table (use
select pg_relation_filenode(oid) from pg_class; to get a list of
filenodes)

Crashes (or other unclean shutdown) in the middle of doing a vacuum full
or other table-rewriting operation is known to leave orphaned files
around in the data dir.

 Mariel> Now, I thought that the pg_total_relation_size should include
 Mariel> also all the dead tuples and the toasted tables.

It does, and your results agree with that. Perhaps you missed that
pg_table_size() includes the toast table too?

 Mariel> In addition, I saw from pg_stat_activity that the session table
 Mariel> has about 198 dead tuples and the toasted table has about 83833
 Mariel> dead tuples. It seems that the autoanalyze has never run on the
 Mariel> toasted table.

There's nothing in a toast table that needs analyzing.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)