Re: pg_restore and permissions

От Florian Weimer
Тема Re: pg_restore and permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

>> No, it won't because the pg_dumpall script will try to connect as each
>> user who owns objects in the database.  With ident authorization in
>> force, the DB rejects these connection requests as falsified.
>
> Oh, I thought he was getting that error on first connection, but now I
> understand it was part of a larger dump.

I've created the dump with pg_dump, not with pg_dumpall.

> I think Tom's idea is correct that you have to open things up to get it
> loaded.  Sorry about that.

You mean, change the server authentication settings?  Okay, that's the
usual approach. :-/

Will it be possible some day to restore backups more easily, without
having to tweak configuration files?

--
Florian Weimer                       Weimer@CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/

Сообщение: Re: pg_restore and permissions
Сообщение: Re: pg_restore and permissions