Re: Favorite Linux Editor for PostgreSQL Scripts?

От Jason Earl
Тема Re: Favorite Linux Editor for PostgreSQL Scripts?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Steve_Miller@sil.org writes:

> I'm still new to the Linux world, and do not have a bias for editor
> choice.  I have one colleague that uses Emacs, but another is
> worried it leads to RSI and carpel tunnel syndrome, because the
> hands are on the keyboard all the time.

Emacs has a lot going for it as a programmer's editor, especially for
working with PostgreSQL (it has several modes that allow you to do
most of your PostgreSQL work directly in an Emacs buffer).  If you are
concerned about the wacky keystrokes giving you RSI then you might
want to consider running Emacs in Viper mode.  Viper is a vi-emulation
package that runs on top of Emacs.  This allows you to use vi's more
typist friendly keystrokes with Emacs' wide range of powerful
extensions.

> So what are the favorites for PostgreSQL scripts? I need to start
> learning one.

Good Luck,

Jason