Re: Postresql RFD version 2.0 Help Wanted.

От Russ Allbery
Тема Re: Postresql RFD version 2.0 Help Wanted.
Дата
Re: Postresql RFD version 2.0 Help Wanted.  ("Gary L. Burnore" <gburnore@databasix.com>)
Список pgsql-general
In news.groups, Mike Cox <mikecoxlinux@yahoo.com> writes:

> I'm pretty much done with this anyway.  It is a waste of time putting in
> anymore effort since no one seems to want it.

Well, the problem from my perspective is that a lot of time and energy is
being spent on worrying about how to propose something or what possible
problems there might be with the group and no one (and I'm not asking you
to do this -- I understand very well where you're coming from and am
extremely sympathetic) has not taken the simple first step of just asking
Marc what the status of the groups are.

If Marc was happy with them being turned into real Big Eight groups and
the technical issues of the gatewaying were worked out with Marco or
someone else, I think everything would fall in place very simply.  You'd
get a newsgroup, you wouldn't have to care about the gateway, and we'd be
down to arguing about which mailing lists should be gated.

As is, this thread is currently full of speculation about lots of things
that may or may not be problems and would be cleared up by getting all the
involved parties in the discussion.  And everyone seems to be wanting you
to do this, which I think is a little unfair since the gateways aren't
even what you're worried about in the first place and you'd just have to
play telephone.

I really need to *not* be volunteering to do this, since I have a dozen
other things that I've already promised other people to work on, but it's
really frustrating that no one else is doing it either.

Сообщение: Re: Postresql RFD version 2.0 Help Wanted.
Сообщение: Re: Postresql RFD version 2.0 Help Wanted.