Re: Pgfoundry and gborg: shut one down

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Pgfoundry and gborg: shut one down
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, pgman@candle.pha.pa.us (Bruce Momjian) wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Thomas Hallgren <thomas@tada.se> writes:
>>
>> > I've repeatedly asked for help moving my PL/Java stuff over to pgfoundry and offered my help
>> > in the process,
>>
>> Indeed, we haven't made any particular effort to encourage gborg
>> projects to move.  I think it's a bit premature to hold a gun to
>> their heads.
>
> If we don't push folks, nothing will happen, which is what has happened
> for years now.  Let's set a date and tell people to move, or else.
> Keeping our stuff split like this is not helping us.

Be sure there's a carrot as well as the stick...

pgFoundry does generally look more featureful, which is a good thing.
A choice of CVS and SVN would be a bigger carrot...
--
output = reverse("moc.liamg" "@" "enworbbc")
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/internet.html

Сообщение: Re: Pgfoundry and gborg: shut one down
Сообщение: Re: Pgfoundry and gborg: shut one down