Re: BUG #14235: inconsistencies with IS NULL / IS NOT NULL

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: BUG #14235: inconsistencies with IS NULL / IS NOT NULL
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

 Tom> But that still leaves us with ten years of history in which we
 Tom> *were* conforming to the spec, modulo the very narrow corner case
 Tom> mentioned in this thread.

Yeah, but the main visible effect of that has been a stream of "you have
to use NOT (x IS NULL) rather than (x IS NOT NULL)" responses to people
having trouble with this.

Is there a single reported case where anyone has actually needed the
spec's version of (x IS NOT NULL) for a composite type?

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

Сообщение: Re: BUG #14235: inconsistencies with IS NULL / IS NOT NULL
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14235: inconsistencies with IS NULL / IS NOT NULL