Re: BUG #14235: inconsistencies with IS NULL / IS NOT NULL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #14235: inconsistencies with IS NULL / IS NOT NULL
Дата
Re: BUG #14235: inconsistencies with IS NULL / IS NOT NULL  (Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> Yeah, but the main visible effect of that has been a stream of "you have
> to use NOT (x IS NULL) rather than (x IS NOT NULL)" responses to people
> having trouble with this.

I don't offhand recall any such complaints on pgsql-bugs.  Maybe there
have been some on IRC.

> Is there a single reported case where anyone has actually needed the
> spec's version of (x IS NOT NULL) for a composite type?

By definition, we get no "reports" for a case where something works
as someone expects.  So you're demanding proof that cannot exist.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #14235: inconsistencies with IS NULL / IS NOT NULL
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14235: inconsistencies with IS NULL / IS NOT NULL