Re: Advice on structure /sequence / trigger

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Advice on structure /sequence / trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David Pratt <fairwinds@eastlink.ca> writes:

> Hi Greg.  Sorry for getting back to you so late on this. I think your idea on
> the design is spot on since it will give me referential integrity with my other
> and the multi-language will just be a simple two field table with id and
> multi-dimensional array of language codes to string.  Super idea!  Even if the
> array gets larger it is not a big issue since postgres can easily handle it.

I don't think that's my idea at all. Basically my model does not normalize the
localized strings at all. It stores them in place in an array using fixed
indexes for each language. It doesn't have a separate multi-language table or
id numbers for translated strings.

--
greg

Сообщение: Re: Which record causes referential integrity violation on delete
Сообщение: Re: Which record causes referential integrity violation on delete