[1/2 OFF] Varlena.com inaccessible from .br (Blocked?)

От Jorge Godoy
Тема [1/2 OFF] Varlena.com inaccessible from .br (Blocked?)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

I've always used General Bits from the Varlena website as a source of
information and recommended it for friends worldwide for better using
PostgreSQL.

There's been a while since I could use the website for the last time because
it looks like Brazilian networks are blocked somewhere after routers from
speakeasy.net (220.ge-3-0.er1.sfo1.speakeasy.net from this network where I am
now).

Is this blocking intentional?  Will it be suspended sometime in the near
future?  I'd really like to continue using it and recommending it, but I can't
proxy all the time or ssh to UNC all the time...

I even thought that the company (Varlena) had closed after trying from several
networks here in Brazil...  Today, as a last test, I decided using an account
at UNC to check it and to my surprise it did work...

Sorry for this off topic, but I don't have contacts there and I know that
people from there are subscribed here to this mailing list...

TIA,
--
Jorge Godoy      <jgodoy@gmail.com>

Сообщение: Re: 8.1 vs 8.2.1 view optimization
Сообщение: Re: 8.1 vs 8.2.1 view optimization