Re: Idea Feedback: psql \h misses -> Offers Links?

От Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker
Тема Re: Idea Feedback: psql \h misses -> Offers Links?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kirk Wolak <wolakk@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 18, 2024 at 2:37 PM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On 17.04.24 19:47, Kirk Wolak wrote:
>> > *Example:*
>> > \h current_setting
>> > No help available for "current_setting".
>> > Try \h with no arguments to see available help.
>> >
>> > https://www.postgresql.org/search/?u=%2Fdocs%2F16%2F&q=current_setting
>> > <https://www.postgresql.org/search/?u=%2Fdocs%2F16%2F&q=current_setting>
>>
>> One problem is that this search URL does not actually produce any useful
>> information about current_setting.
>
> I see what you mean, but doesn't that imply our web search feature is
> weak?  That's the full name of an existing function, and it's in the index.
> But it cannot be found if searched from the website?

While I do think we could do a better job of providing links directly to
the documentation of functions and config parameters, I wouldn't say
that the search result is _completely_ useless in this case.  The first
hit is https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/functions-admin.html, which is
where current_setting() is documented (it's even the first function on
that page, but that's just luck in this case).

- ilmari

Сообщение: Re: Add new protocol message to change GUCs for usage with future protocol-only GUCs
Сообщение: Re: Add new protocol message to change GUCs for usage with future protocol-only GUCs