Re: GiST opclass and varlena

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: GiST opclass and varlena
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Dimitri Fontaine" <dfontaine@hi-media.com> writes:

> It turned around the error was related to the definition of my gpr_penalty()
> function, which I wanted to expose as the GiST "internal" and a SQL callable
> one too (for debugging and tests purpose). I forgot to define the internal
> one in the prefix.c side of things, got no complaint whatsover (nor at
> compile time neither at prefix.sql installation time) but garbage as data in
> __pr_penalty() function (not respecting GiST calling conventions).

I'm getting interested now. How was __pr_penalty defined? What was the
declaration you were missing in prefix.c?

Was it specifically related to a varlena or was it a char or something like
that?

And was it something gcc -Wall was warning about or somehow was it slipping
by?

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's PostGIS support!