Re: minor view creation weirdness

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: minor view creation weirdness
Дата
Re: minor view creation weirdness  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> >> I'd almost argue that we should change this message to an error
>
> > I agree.
>
> Motion proposed and seconded; any objections out there?

Uhm, doesn't the spec have anything to say about this?
I mean, the view sure looks like standard SQL on its face.

In any case, I would sure think there was something strange about a query
working fine as a select but not working in a view:

slo=>  select 'foo' as a,'bar' as b; a  |  b
-----+-----foo | bar
(1 row)

slo=> create view x as select 'foo' as a,'bar' as b;
WARNING:  Attribute "a" has an unknown typeProceeding with relation creation anyway
WARNING:  Attribute "b" has an unknown typeProceeding with relation creation anyway
CREATE VIEW

slo=> select * from x; a  |  b
(1 row)

--