Re: minor view creation weirdness

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: minor view creation weirdness
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 00:50, Greg Stark wrote:

> > > I agree.
> >
> > Motion proposed and seconded; any objections out there?
>
> Uhm, doesn't the spec have anything to say about this?
> I mean, the view sure looks like standard SQL on its face.
>
> In any case, I would sure think there was something strange about a query
> working fine as a select but not working in a view:
>
> slo=>  select 'foo' as a,'bar' as b;
>   a  |  b
> -----+-----
>  foo | bar
> (1 row)
>
> slo=> create view x as select 'foo' as a,'bar' as b;
> WARNING:  Attribute "a" has an unknown type
>     Proceeding with relation creation anyway
> WARNING:  Attribute "b" has an unknown type
>     Proceeding with relation creation anyway
> CREATE VIEW
>
> slo=> select * from x;
>   a  |  b
> -----+-----
>  foo | bar
> (1 row)

or the create table case:

rms=# create table x as select 'foo' as a, 'bar' as b;
WARNING:  42P16: attribute "a" has type UNKNOWN
DETAIL:  Proceeding with relation creation anyway.
LOCATION:  CheckAttributeType, heap.c:427
WARNING:  42P16: attribute "b" has type UNKNOWN
DETAIL:  Proceeding with relation creation anyway.
LOCATION:  CheckAttributeType, heap.c:427
WARNING:  attribute "a" has type UNKNOWN
DETAIL:  Proceeding with relation creation anyway.
WARNING:  attribute "b" has type UNKNOWN
DETAIL:  Proceeding with relation creation anyway.
SELECT

rms=# select * from x; a  |  b
(1 row)

rms=# \d x       Table "public.x"Column |   Type    | Modifiers

Robert Treat