using pg_receivewal --drop-slot as recovery.conf:recovery_end_command

От Jerry Sievers
Тема using pg_receivewal --drop-slot as recovery.conf:recovery_end_command
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Admins, I tested $subject and it works like a charm for dropping a no
longer needed slot on physical replication provider during promote of
the standby.

Wondering though about possible race condition...

I see in server logs on standby side that we sigterm the walreceiver but
speculate  about cases where the provider side (for any reason) is
delayed in noticing  the receiver death...

In turn leading to a refusal to allow slot dropping.

Much ado a about nothing?

pg_receivewal --slot $foo --drop-slot --dbname 'same stuff as primary
conninfo'

This was compelling to use since we are preparing to promote some
standbys at the stroke of midnight inclusive=false for year end
reporting and will *not* be using our external standby0-promote tool
which already knows how to drop the provider slot.

Please advise.

Thx

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting

Сообщение: Re: install Postgres on RHED 7
Сообщение: Re: install Postgres on RHED 7