DBMS course notes

От Neil Conway
Тема DBMS course notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I recently had the opportunity to take an upper-year/graduate-level
course on DBMS internals at my university. While taking that course, I
wrote some notes on course material as a study aid. I thought that
perhaps some of the people on -hackers might find the notes somewhat
useful, so Bruce was kind enough to lend me some webspace to put them
up.

The PDF is here:
   http://developer.postgresql.org/~momjian/dbms_notes_neil_conway.pdf

The LaTeX source is here:
   http://developer.postgresql.org/~momjian/dbms_notes_neil_conway.tex

The notes cover:
   - external sorting   - various algorithms required for query evaluation (nested loops     join, hash join,
sort-mergejoin, aggregation via sorting,     aggregation via hashing, etc.)   - query optimization (System-R's
algorithm)  - concurrency control   - crash recovery

Any improvements or additions to the docs would be very welcome (you
can send me manual corrections or patches against the LaTeX source).

-Neil

Сообщение: Re: 7.4.1 ... slight change of scheduale ...
Сообщение: Re: 7.4.1 ... slight change of scheduale ...