[ADMIN] Restart time indication in cases of postmaster initiated all backend restart

От Jerry Sievers
Тема [ADMIN] Restart time indication in cases of postmaster initiated all backend restart
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Admins,

as per $subject, apart from server logs and/or client side diagnostics,
is there a way to query for event time when a crashed backend restart
happened?

Such an event does *not* result in postmaster itself restarting and thus
may lead to misleading confirmation of same.

DBAs may be inclined to select pg_postmaster_start_time() to confirm.

I have been aware of this fact for some time but I think  less
experienced admins get thrown by it sometimes.

But to my question, is there some other function or equivalent method to
read this from inside the DB that I'm not aware of?

Thanks

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting