Hot spare PSQL server

От Turbo Fredriksson
Тема Hot spare PSQL server
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I'd like to have a hot standby server for our main PSQL...

I've seen that there are a number of products that might do the trick,
Mission Critical Linux (and their Convolu Cluster/IBM FC SAN), Usogres
and DBBalancer.

All seem (at least 'on paper') to solve this problem. The Convolu seem
a little expensive (and won't provide any loadbalancing which might be
needed later), usogres seems promising, but like vise don't support load
balancing. DBBalancer is the most promising, but the coders feel the
different ports for read/write is a little ... annoying :)

Is there any other products I missed?

-- Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective
aboutwho its friends are         / / | | '_ \| | | \ \/ /   Debian Certified Linux Developer   _ /// / /__| | | | | |_|
|> <  Turbo Fredriksson   turbo@tripnet.se \\\/  \____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\ Stockholm/Sweden

genetic munitions radar security Saddam Hussein 767 spy Soviet attack
killed SEAL Team 6 president smuggle NORAD Iran