Обсуждение: Hot spare PSQL server

Hot spare PSQL server

От
Turbo Fredriksson
Дата:
I'd like to have a hot standby server for our main PSQL...

I've seen that there are a number of products that might do the trick,
Mission Critical Linux (and their Convolu Cluster/IBM FC SAN), Usogres
and DBBalancer.

All seem (at least 'on paper') to solve this problem. The Convolu seem
a little expensive (and won't provide any loadbalancing which might be
needed later), usogres seems promising, but like vise don't support load
balancing. DBBalancer is the most promising, but the coders feel the
different ports for read/write is a little ... annoying :)

Is there any other products I missed?

-- Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective
aboutwho its friends are         / / | | '_ \| | | \ \/ /   Debian Certified Linux Developer   _ /// / /__| | | | | |_|
|> <  Turbo Fredriksson   turbo@tripnet.se \\\/  \____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\ Stockholm/Sweden

genetic munitions radar security Saddam Hussein 767 spy Soviet attack
killed SEAL Team 6 president smuggle NORAD Iran

Re: Hot spare PSQL server

От
Turbo Fredriksson
Дата:
   Justin> Hi, There's also "PostgreSQL Replicator", which is at :
   Justin> http://pgreplicator.sourceforge.net

Unfortunatly this seems to be asynchronous replication (you manually
have to initiate the syncronization)...

I'd like to have synchronous replication...

-- Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective
aboutwho its friends are         / / | | '_ \| | | \ \/ /   Debian Certified Linux Developer   _ /// / /__| | | | | |_|
|> <  Turbo Fredriksson   turbo@tripnet.se \\\/  \____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\ Stockholm/Sweden

explosion Rule Psix spy Ortega Panama arrangements PLO genetic Uzi
Treasury Peking Waco, Texas quiche jihad security

Re: Hot spare PSQL server

От
Darren Johnson

> Unfortunatly this seems to be asynchronous replication (you manually
> have to initiate the syncronization)...
>
> I'd like to have synchronous replication...

There is a synchronous replication project here...

http://www.greatbridge.org/project/pgreplication/projdisplay.php
We currently have a "working model" based on PostgreSQL-6.4.2, and are
working on
implementing the ideas in PostgreSQL-7.1.3.

Darren

Re: Hot spare PSQL server

От
darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
Дата:
Thus spake Turbo Fredriksson
>     Justin> http://pgreplicator.sourceforge.net
>
> Unfortunatly this seems to be asynchronous replication (you manually
> have to initiate the syncronization)...

And it also uses the GNU license.

Re: Hot spare PSQL server

От
Turbo Fredriksson
Дата:
   >>  Unfortunatly this seems to be asynchronous replication (you   >> manually have to initiate the
syncronization)...I'd like to   >> have synchronous replication...

   Darren> There is a synchronous replication project here...
   Darren> http://www.greatbridge.org/project/pgreplication/projdisplay.php   Darren> We currently have a "working
model"based on   Darren> PostgreSQL-6.4.2, and are working on implementing the   Darren> ideas in PostgreSQL-7.1.3.

The site is very broken... Where can I find information on how it works etc?
The FAQ link leads to an empty page...

-- Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective
aboutwho its friends are         / / | | '_ \| | | \ \/ /   Debian Certified Linux Developer   _ /// / /__| | | | | |_|
|> <  Turbo Fredriksson   turbo@tripnet.se \\\/  \____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\ Stockholm/Sweden

767 pits radar colonel bomb congress CIA critical $400 million in gold
bullion counter-intelligence nuclear nitrate strategic Khaddafi killed