Re: Adding a TAP test checking data consistency on standby with minRecoveryPoint

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: Adding a TAP test checking data consistency on standby with minRecoveryPoint
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

 >> How? It's OK (and normal) for in-core pages to have newer LSNs than
 >> minRecoveryPoint, it's only on-disk pages that must not be more
 >> recent than that. And pageinspect will show the in-core page...

 Michael> If the standby is stopped cleanly once, what's in shared
 Michael> buffers gets flushed to disk by the checkpointer once at
 Michael> shutdown, forcing minRecoveryPoint to be updated by the
 Michael> checkpointer, and that update was not happening beforethe fix.
 Michael> And once the standby is started again, what's on disk gets
 Michael> reloaded, showing the inconsistency.

Ah, I missed that you were shutting down.

I think it would be nice to have a test that didn't rely on that, too.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)