Re: Remote Access Help

От Tim Cross
Тема Re: Remote Access Help
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
DaStormer <daonlystormer@gmail.com> writes:

> Hey,
>
> I'm attempting to connect to my PostgreSQL server which is on my Linux ubuntu machine with pgAdmin4 remotely from my
WindowsPC. I'm pretty sure I

> have correctly configured everything necessary, but it still gives me this error:
>
>  Unable to connect to server:
>
>  could not connect to server: Connection timed out (0x0000274C/10060)
>  Is the server running on host "-----------------------" (-------------) and accepting
>  TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
>
> Please advise.

Check the setting of the firewall on the Linux system. By default,
Ubuntu uses gufw to configure a basic firewall. You need to ensure that
it has a rule allowing remote connections to the pg port (typically
5432).

If you have the psql utility installed on your Windows box, you can test
to see if that connects. As psql is 'simpler' than pgAdmin4, it is a
good way to verify you can connect to the database, eliminating issues
like password, db name and network issues. I tend to find tools like
pgAdmin4, in an attempt to be 'user friendly' often try to be too clever
or hide critical information which makes tracking down common issues
easy.

--
Tim Cross