Re: Attention PL authors: want to be listed in template table?

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Attention PL authors: want to be listed in template table?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Now this certainly discriminates against installing PLs outside $libdir,
> but I haven't heard any good reason why people would need to do that.

Well one example would be distributions that package up some PLs but want to
allow you to install some on your own. The normal model for that is to have a
directory in /usr/lib/<program>/ for the packaged software and a separate
place in /usr/local/lib/<program>/ for the locally installed add-ons.

I'm not sure how that relates to the template work you're discussing. Are all
of the templates you're creating for components that are built out of core and
therefore can be expected to be packaged?

--
greg