Re: Attention PL authors: want to be listed in template table?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Attention PL authors: want to be listed in template table?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
> I'm not sure how that relates to the template work you're
> discussing. Are all of the templates you're creating for components
> that are built out of core and therefore can be expected to be
> packaged?

Well, that's exactly the point Peter is arguing: he thinks (if I
understand correctly) that the template mechanism should only be used
for stuff that's included with the core distribution.  I disagree;
I have seldom seen any good reason for restricting mechanisms to work
with only core components.  It does seem apparent however that we need
the templates to be reconfigurable for local conditions ... so the
hardwired table is out, even as a one-release stopgap.  I'll work on
building a catalog tomorrow.