Re: Optimization with dates

От Jason Earl
Тема Re: Optimization with dates
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Yikes!  Good catch.  My example database returns on ~.6M for the last
30 days, and an index scan still turns out to be a win (of course, it
turned out to be a bigger win to have a separate table with 15 minute
summarizations of the data :).

Josh is right, chances are good that a sequential scan will actually
perform better for you than an index scan if you are returning 20% of
your entire table.

Jason