Re: Foreign Key Constraint Deletion Order

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Foreign Key Constraint Deletion Order
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
<cnliou@eurosport.com> writes:
> Am I asking for too much, or RI and triggers were not
> designed for operations like this example in the
> first place?

The problem is that RI is implemented by triggers, and there's
no guarantees about the firing order of multiple triggers.
So you don't know whether your custom triggers will fire
before or after the RI actions occur.

We've had some discussions in the past about arranging things
so that trigger firing order could be predicted/controlled.
But nothing's been done about it yet.  Search the archives
if you want to see the prior discussions.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: