Re: Utility database (Was: RE: Autovacuum in the backend)

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Utility database (Was: RE: Autovacuum in the backend)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:

> Keeping people out of template1 is my major concern, however it seemed like
> a good way to kill 2 birds with one stone and solve both problems at once.

FWIW here's a "me too" on keeping people out of template1 by default. I've
more than once accidentally created objects in template1. A couple times I've
actually restored an entire database in template1. And it's a bit of a pain to
clean out if you have any objects you actually want there.

I would agree with keeping things simple and naming it "default".

--
greg