Re: Another issue in default-values patch: defaults expanded too soon

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Another issue in default-values patch: defaults expanded too soon
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>
>> That is, I think we should treat changing the defaults the same as we
>> would changing the number and type of parameters; it kicks off a
>> dependency check and requires a CASCADE.
>
> Dream on ... there is no such facility in Postgres and we are not going
> to build one in the 8.4 timeframe.

Well there is this:

postgres=#  create or replace function foo (text) returns text as 'select 1' language sql;
ERROR:  42P13: cannot change return type of existing function
HINT:  Use DROP FUNCTION first.
LOCATION:  ProcedureCreate, pg_proc.c:366

We could say that changing the type of a default argument for a polymorphic
argument isn't allowed just like changing the return value.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's PostGIS support!

Сообщение: Re: Another issue in default-values patch: defaults expanded too soon
Сообщение: Re: Another issue in default-values patch: defaults expanded too soon