Re: Another issue in default-values patch: defaults expanded too soon

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Another issue in default-values patch: defaults expanded too soon
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> We could say that changing the type of a default argument for a polymorphic
> argument isn't allowed just like changing the return value.

The point I was trying to make is that allowing defaults for polymorphic
args at all is going to cause a very significant amount of work and
complication, of which enforcing the above check is just a small part.
I wanted to see a plausible use-case for it before expending that work.