Re: increasing shared buffers: how much should be removed from OS filesystem cache?

От Guillaume Cottenceau
Тема Re: increasing shared buffers: how much should be removed from OS filesystem cache?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure 'at' gmail.com> writes:

> On 01 Sep 2006 19:00:52 +0200, Guillaume Cottenceau <gc@mnc.ch> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been looking at the results from the pg_statio* tables, to
> > view the impact of increasing the shared buffers to increase
> > performance.
> >

> I think 'shared buffers' is one of the most overrated settings from a
> performance standpoint.  however you must ensure there is enough for
> things the server does besides caching.  It used to be a bigger deal

"Beside caching".. It's unfornatunate that the documentation on
pg.org is very vague about the actual use(s) of the shared
buffers :/

--
Guillaume Cottenceau
Create your personal SMS or WAP Service - visit http://mobilefriends.ch/

Сообщение: Re: increasing shared buffers: how much should be removed from OS filesystem cache?
Сообщение: Re: increasing shared buffers: how much should be removed from OS filesystem cache?