Re: increasing shared buffers: how much should be removed from OS filesystem cache?

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: increasing shared buffers: how much should be removed from OS filesystem cache?
Дата
Re: increasing shared buffers: how much should be removed from OS filesystem cache?
Список pgsql-performance
On 01 Sep 2006 19:00:52 +0200, Guillaume Cottenceau <gc@mnc.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been looking at the results from the pg_statio* tables, to
> view the impact of increasing the shared buffers to increase
> performance.

I think 'shared buffers' is one of the most overrated settings from a
performance standpoint.  however you must ensure there is enough for
things the server does besides caching.  It used to be a bigger deal
than it is in modern versionf of postgresql modern operating systems.

merlin

Сообщение: Re: database bloat,non removovable rows, slow query etc...
Сообщение: Re: database bloat,non removovable rows, slow query