Re: [sqlsmith] Failed assertions on parallel worker shutdown

От Andreas Seltenreich
Тема Re: [sqlsmith] Failed assertions on parallel worker shutdown
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:

> There's another class of parallel worker core dumps when testing master
> with sqlsmith.  In these cases, the following assertion fails for all
> workers simulataneously:
>
> TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(mqh->mqh_partial_bytes <= nbytes)", File: "shm_mq.c", Line: 386)

I no longer observe these after applying these two patches by Amit
Kapila:

avoid_restricted_clause_below_gather_v1.patch

prohibit_parallel_clause_below_rel_v1.patch

I guess these failed assertions are fallout from the workers executing
forbidden plans without the patches.

regards,
Andreas