Re: Implementation of Date/Time Input Interpretation

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: Implementation of Date/Time Input Interpretation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

From: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Francis Markham
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:13 PM
To: pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: [HACKERS] Implementation of Date/Time Input Interpretation

Greetings all,

I am currently implementing a script to import data into postgres.  I would like to apply the algorithm to detect date and time values, outlined at http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/datetime-input-rules.html

However, I am unfamiliar (and somewhat intimidated) by the postgres source tree.  Would any kind person be able to point me to the source file(s) that implement the above algorithm?

You will find it under \src\backend\utils\adt\datetime.c

To import data into postgres, I guess that reading the date time routine is probably not what you want to do.

If you want to move the data in using a compiled program then use an ODBC driver.  PostgreSQL comes with a free one.  OLEDB is another sensible alternative.  Or JDBC if you want to use Java.

If you want to bulk load lots of data at high speed, read up on the COPY command.

If you just want to insert some rows using SQL, then simply perform an INSERT using PSQL  or some other interface of your choice.

What is it exactly that you are trying to accomplish?

<<