Re: picking the correct locale when doing initdb

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: picking the correct locale when doing initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Tomi NA" <hefest@gmail.com> writes:

> Here's an idea: let's make the locale a table-level setting, settable at
> table creation time so that it's concievable to use postgresql to build,
> say, a turist information site supporting english, german, spanish and
> italian at the same time.

Which locale would you use to perform comparisons for table joins?

In any case having actually implemented multilingual sites I can't imagine one
locale per table being useful at all. You always end up wanting per column,
even per array element locales.

--
greg