Re: postmaster -i option...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postmaster -i option...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Taber, Mark" <Mark.Taber@dof.ca.gov> writes:
> I restarted our dev postgres instance today with the -i option, and now,
> using 'ps,', I am not able to see connections to the database any longer.
> The production instance (running only with the -D option) shows the
> connections.  Am I going crazy, missing something obvious?  I'm using the
> command 'ps -ax | grep postgres'

Is this Solaris by any chance?

Solaris' ps has some weird interaction that causes it to not show the
replacement command line unless same is longer than the original.  So
you generally want to keep the postmaster invocation to just
"postmaster"; use a PGDATA environment variable instead of -D, and
specify everything else in postgresql.conf.