Re: improve FOUND in PL/PgSQL

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: improve FOUND in PL/PgSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> Neil Conway <nconway@klamath.dyndns.org> writes:
> > Ah, ok -- thanks for the suggestion. It required a fair amount of
> > work, since I had to refactor a lot of the logic in the 3 functions
> > that handle PL/PgSQL FOR loops.
>
> Then you're still doing it the hard way: all you need is to do
> exec_set_found(found) immediately before anyplace that's going to
> return.  You don't need to move the returns.

Sure -- but those functions returned in six or seven different
places, and I thought that adding identical code to each location
would be too ugly.

> Perhaps the refactoring is worth doing anyway, if it improves the
> readability of the code; but if it makes it worse then there's no need.
> It's hard to tell about this just from looking at the diff --- what
> do you feel about what you did?

Personally, I think my changes improve readability.

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@rogers.com>
PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

Сообщение: Re: improve FOUND in PL/PgSQL
Сообщение: Re: improve FOUND in PL/PgSQL