Re: improve FOUND in PL/PgSQL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: improve FOUND in PL/PgSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Neil Conway <nconway@klamath.dyndns.org> writes:
>> I think you could do this
>> much more cleanly by introducing a local boolean:

> Ah, ok -- thanks for the suggestion. It required a fair amount of
> work, since I had to refactor a lot of the logic in the 3 functions
> that handle PL/PgSQL FOR loops.

Then you're still doing it the hard way: all you need is to do
exec_set_found(found) immediately before anyplace that's going to
return.  You don't need to move the returns.

Perhaps the refactoring is worth doing anyway, if it improves the
readability of the code; but if it makes it worse then there's no need.
It's hard to tell about this just from looking at the diff --- what
do you feel about what you did?

Сообщение: Re: improve FOUND in PL/PgSQL
Сообщение: Re: improve FOUND in PL/PgSQL