Re: Out of memory error on huge resultset

От Nic Ferrier
Тема Re: Out of memory error on huge resultset
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu> writes:

> On 12 Oct 2002, Nic Ferrier wrote:
> > That's a really good point Barry. I never do that so it's not
> > something I'd considered.
> >
> > Isn't a solution to only do the to_cursor translation when the
> > statement given begins with "SELECT "?
>
>     Well, there's always the case of "select * from
> really_small_table; insert into reall_small table; select * from
> really_big_table;..."
>
>     In practice, I've used some 100+ statement commands, because we
> run updates to one or our internal databases in DBVisualizer, and it
> passes the entire script as one command.  On the other hand, those are all
> updates, but there's nothing preventing you from putting some selects in
> there.
>
>     I think it's best to do what Barry mentioned and disable this for
> statements containing a ; (or at least containing a ; with any non
> whitespace thereafter).  Then just consider whether you want to search for
> quoted/escaped ;s.

Yes. It's tricky isn't it. Obviously using multiple SQL statements is
kinda popular. I've always used stored procs.

This is certainly more of a can of worms that I first
thought. However, I'll finish it off and we'll see how messy it is
then.

Nic

Сообщение: Re: Out of memory error on huge resultset
Сообщение: Re: Out of memory error on huge resultset