Re: Need to fix one more glitch in upgrade to -10.2

От Tim Cross
Тема Re: Need to fix one more glitch in upgrade to -10.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com> writes:

> On Sat, 17 Feb 2018, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>> Got to thinking that given the issues with the upgrade I would be leery
>> about the state of the new cluster as a whole. Might want to consider
>> doing it over again or just use the pg_dumpall output to recreate the
>> database(s).
>
> Adrian,
>
>    That's what I was thinking, too. I can remove the 10.2 package, rebuild
> and re-install it. Run initdb, then, as postgres, read in the .sql file.
> This is probably the pragmatic thing to do.

This may not be relevant, but figured I'd mention it anyway. I'm not
familiar with Slackware (last ran it in 1995!), but many Linux distros
have switched from the old init scripts setup to using systemd. If
Slackware has also made that switch, then you may find there is a
systemd service for postgres and instead of using the old /etc/iinit.d
scripts, you now do something like systemctl start postgres-10.2.service

Tim

--
Tim Cross