Re: Problem with PostgreSQL 9.2.7 and make check on AIX 7.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem with PostgreSQL 9.2.7 and make check on AIX 7.1
Дата
Re: Problem with PostgreSQL 9.2.7 and make check on AIX 7.1  (Rainer Tammer <pgsql@spg.schulergroup.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Rainer Tammer <pgsql@spg.schulergroup.com> writes:
> I have compiled 8.2.11 (same as on the old server)  and
> 8.2.23 (latest 8.2)  on AIX 7.1 TL3 SP1 (latest level) with
> the IBM C/C++ V12 compiler.

> Unfortunate I see the following errors:

> 2014-02-24 10:07:30 CET  LOG:  received fast shutdown request    <--- here

If this is the log of a "make check" run, that seems as-expected.
Otherwise, something is sending the postmaster process a SIGINT.

> So I have decided to give 9.2.7 a try. During the make check I have
> found two failures - to be more precisely two hangs.

Hm.  Unfortunately, you're kind of on your own to debug this; AFAIK
there are no active Postgres developers who use AIX.  It's been awhile
since there was an active AIX buildfarm machine either, so that it
would not exactly be astonishing to find that we'd inadvertently
broken something for that platform.  (And I'm not sure there ever
was a buildfarm member running AIX 7.1 anyway; according to
http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_members.pl
grebe was running 5.3 when last heard from, half a year ago.)

We're still willing to support AIX, but we can't do it without help
from users of that platform.  If you send in a patch for whatever
is broken, we'll almost certainly accept it (in some form).  But
it would be a good idea to set up a buildfarm animal so that any
future breakage gets detected in a more timely fashion.  See
http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/index.html

Сообщение: Re: BUG #9337: SSPI/GSSAPI with mismatched user names
Сообщение: Re: BUG #9337: SSPI/GSSAPI with mismatched user names