Re: Should contrib modules install .h files?

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: Should contrib modules install .h files?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

 Tom> There's also a question of whether we need to change anything in
 Tom> contrib/ so that it plays by whatever rules we set.  There's an
 Tom> expectation that contrib modules should be buildable with PGXS,
 Tom> so they need to follow the rules.

 Andrew> ... that at least all of the *_plperl transform modules in
 Andrew> contrib/ fail to build with USE_PGXS already (i.e. for as long
 Andrew> as they have ever existed), because they rely on
 Andrew> plperl_helpers.h which is never installed anywhere, and trying
 Andrew> to get it via $(top_srcdir) obviously can't work in PGXS.

 Andrew> Haven't tried the python ones yet.

And none of the plpython transforms can even parse their makefiles with
USE_PGXS, let alone build, because they have an "include" directive
pointing into src/pl/plpython.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)