Re: Should contrib modules install .h files?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Should contrib modules install .h files?
Дата
Re: Should contrib modules install .h files?
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018-08-02 19:13:05 +0100, Andrew Gierth wrote:

>  Tom> There's also a question of whether we need to change anything in
>  Tom> contrib/ so that it plays by whatever rules we set.  There's an
>  Tom> expectation that contrib modules should be buildable with PGXS,
>  Tom> so they need to follow the rules.
>
>  Andrew> ... that at least all of the *_plperl transform modules in
>  Andrew> contrib/ fail to build with USE_PGXS already (i.e. for as long
>  Andrew> as they have ever existed), because they rely on
>  Andrew> plperl_helpers.h which is never installed anywhere, and trying
>  Andrew> to get it via $(top_srcdir) obviously can't work in PGXS.
>
>  Andrew> Haven't tried the python ones yet.
>
> And none of the plpython transforms can even parse their makefiles with
> USE_PGXS, let alone build, because they have an "include" directive
> pointing into src/pl/plpython.

FWIW, I'd be perfectly on board with just burying this policy. Designating
one contrib module (or something in src/test/examples or such) as a PGXS
example, and always building it with pgxs seems like it'd do a much
better job than the current policy.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: Should contrib modules install .h files?
Сообщение: Re: Should contrib modules install .h files?