Re: pg_config, pg_service.conf, postgresql.conf ....

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: pg_config, pg_service.conf, postgresql.conf ....
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
markir@paradise.net.nz (Mark Kirkwood) wrote:
> Do you need name, value pairs? I was thinking that something like:
>
> # Postgres Cluster Registration
> #
> # PG_HOME PGDATA PORT
> /usr/local/pg7.4.1   /vol01/pggeo      5435
> /usr/local/pg7.4.1   /vol01/pgicdmdb   5434
> /usr/local/pg7.4.1   /vol03/pg74       5432
>
> Clearly other fields are possible (like ALIAS for the names you were
> using, and OPTS for extra arguments).
>
> This sort of layout is easily readable (more easily readable for those
> of us used to standard UNIX config files) and simply parsable too.

As mentioned before, the port number is redundant, and therefore
shouldn't be there at all.

There needs to be a name to identify each instance, so a mandatory
field is missing.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "gmail.com")
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/slony.html