Re: pg_config, pg_service.conf, postgresql.conf ....

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: pg_config, pg_service.conf, postgresql.conf ....
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Christopher Browne wrote:
> markir@paradise.net.nz (Mark Kirkwood) wrote:
>
>>Do you need name, value pairs? I was thinking that something like:
>>
>># Postgres Cluster Registration
>>#
>># PG_HOME PGDATA PORT
>>/usr/local/pg7.4.1   /vol01/pggeo      5435
>>/usr/local/pg7.4.1   /vol01/pgicdmdb   5434
>>/usr/local/pg7.4.1   /vol03/pg74       5432
>>
>>Clearly other fields are possible (like ALIAS for the names you were
>>using, and OPTS for extra arguments).
>>
>>This sort of layout is easily readable (more easily readable for those
>>of us used to standard UNIX config files) and simply parsable too.
>

> As mentioned before, the port number is redundant, and therefore
> shouldn't be there at all.

Now that's an interesting one - I would be quite keen on being able to
override postgresql.conf's port (typically do it now using PGPORT env) -
however if there is a concensus that it's a bad thing, then lets drop it.

> There needs to be a name to identify each instance, so a mandatory
> field is missing.

Yeah, agreed - my vague muttering about ALIAS was attempting to suggest
that :-).

Сообщение: Re: [SQL] Interval subtracting
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] Interval subtracting