Re: funny view/temp table problem with query

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: funny view/temp table problem with query
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alban Hertroys <dalroi@solfertje.student.utwente.nl> writes:

> On Feb 26, 2009, at 11:02 AM, Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz wrote:
>
>> looks like you completely misunderstood my question.
>
> I'm not surprised. What do you expect with random capitalisation,  random table
> alias names and random indentation combined with queries  getting wrapped by
> the mailing-list software?

Uh, we get a lot of really mangled SQL and explain plans -- I don't see
anything wrong with these. If the question was unclear it sounds like it's
just because it's a fairly subtle problem and was hard to describe. Needing
two cracks at describing the problem is pretty much par for the course here.

I haven't tested the query to see what's going on but if the problem is due to
random() then in 8.4 you could use WITH to guarantee that the subquery is
executed precisely once and the results reused as-is subsequently.

--
  Gregory Stark