Re: restore balloons db size

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: restore balloons db size
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Marc Fromm <Marc.Fromm@wwu.edu> writes:
> Does anyone have some insight on why the db size is expanding with each restore?
> If I restore all the postgresql databases from pg_dumpall and use the -c to drop databases before restoring them the
sizeof the base directory dramatically increases with each restore (193MB to 355MB to 624MB). If I run vacuumdb, it
onlydrops by a few MB.

Seems a little odd.  Please look closer and find out where the bloat is,
exactly.  If you're not clear on what's what, see
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/storage-file-layout.html

От: Marc Fromm
Сообщение: restore balloons db size
От: "Rafael Domiciano"
Сообщение: Postgres User Can Login without a password