Re: Postgres permission denied

От Verna Vergara
Тема Re: Postgres permission denied
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Tom,

    Your right its the selinux I disabled it and it works. Thanks a lot!

----- Original Message ----
From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
To: Verna Vergara <vernadv@yahoo.com>
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Sent: Monday, February 4, 2008 12:08:17 PM
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Postgres permission denied

Verna Vergara <vernadv@yahoo.com> writes:
>    Please kindly help me. In fedora core 4 Postgres cannot be started during the system startup. Error is Permission Denied. But in the command line if i issue /etc/init.t/postgres start it was successfully started. How can i start postgres during system startup without the error permission denied?

I'm guessing it's a selinux problem, in which case 'setenforce 0' would
help.  But *really* the problem is that you're still running FC4.
That's been unsupported/obsolete for near two years now, and if memory
serves selinux was one of the rougher edges in it.

Сообщение: Re: "create implicit sequence" crashes postgres
Сообщение: Re: "create implicit sequence" crashes postgres